Where Learning is Child's Play! ®
Sending your child to school is something all parents experience at one point or another. Communicating with your child’s school is a critical component of their future success as a learner. Successful, high quality schools work diligently to engage families in each child’s educational journey. Meaningful family communication and engagement can support your child’s school readiness and later academic success. Ms. Heather spoke with The Rhode Show about this topic. Watch the segment here!
What is communication?
· Impressions created (smiling, body language, cleanliness of school, etc.)
· Words expressed
· Teachers and administrators seeking to inform parents
· Teachers and administrators seeking to engage in interactive dialogue
· Written communications (newsletters, emails, etc.)
· Parent-teacher conferences
· Communication through technology
Why is Communication Important
What should I be looking for in terms of communication?
What makes Family Communication at The Children’s Workshop stand above others?
· We have an extraordinary Parent Communication App that our teachers use daily to relay information and send pictures to family members, send newsletters, and track developmental progress for each child’s portfolio!
· With this technology, parents/guardians are able to opt into email or text alerts and they can receive any information, instantaneously, about their child and their child’s school day. Teachers and staff can tag daily pictures with our Developmental Domains (Social/Emotional, Physical, Artistic, Cognitive, and Language/Literacy) and are then able to communicate with the parents/guardians by adding captions or sending quick little notes.
· Social Media: The Children's Workshop is on multiple Social Media sites to ensure smooth communication to not only TCW families, but our communities, as well!
o Instagram - Our Instagram photos are all taken in our schools! We are so happy to be able to show our families, communities, and other early education institutions how much fun we're having and how much we are learning on a daily basis! To visit our Instagram page, click here!
o Twitter - The Children's Workshop is also on Twitter! On this platform, we are able to communicate, not only with our families, but with other early learning advocates, like NAEYC and media channels, like WPRI. We also post pictures to share with our communities! To visit our Twitter page, click here!
o LinkedIn - Our job postings and career updates can be found on our Careers page, as well as our LinkedIn page. We think it is so important to communicate with other early education professionals and to recruit the best educators we can! To visit our LinkedIn page, click here!
o Pinterest - Pinterest is a craft-lover's oasis! We love finding and sharing ideas for seasonal and education crafts! To visit our Pinterest page, click here!
o Youtube - Our Youtube channel has videos varying from tours of each facility to videos submitted by some of our locations! To visit our Youtube channel, click here!